Monday, February 27, 2012

Faith In Reverse

I have recently battled.  The familiar scripture, "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed" (2 Corinthians 4:8,9) has gone through my mind a time or two in the last month even though my affliction is slight compared to many. Situations seeming dim and spiritual attacks intensifying, siding with my personal exhaustion equals a time to anchor.  A time to reexamine my faith and the level there of. 

Promises God deposits in our hearts are given to increase our faith in The One we are believing and putting our trust.  Like common historical people in the bible, who died before their eyes could see what God promised, were commended and rewarded for having such perfect faith.  They were Champions of Faith- Champions of The Faith.  And their belief speaks to us in these days, even though they are dead.  (Hebrews 11)


There is a faith that believes where there is no evidence or any reason.  It makes no sense to the world, and yet the world seems fascinated by it.  This type of faith throws itself full force ahead at what is unseen, but what it promised.




All the things I am asking God for is nothing I can accomplish.   My requests are impossible in my striving, impossible in my efforts and will fail done out my abilities. God wouldn't have it any other way.

In my recent petitions and ambitious ideas, solutions and what I would call "the answer", I felt a question nudging at me-  

“Who is going to get the glory?” 


(And I adding- who do we want to get the glory?)

It should come at no surprise being in tremendous trials where we have no answers, little direction and feelings of helplessness.  We shouldn't be confused when we are led to believe in something that will only make sense in reverse.  It is those trials that God delights in so our faith in Him will be perfected and He will receive the full credit of glory in which He deserves. And I wouldn't have it any other way.


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4











2 comments:

  1. God is moving a ton Jodie. It may be outside of what you thought it would look like, but I can honestly say that I can see God moving mountains inside you and through you during this season.- Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your constant encouragement. Knowing you believe in me helps to push me forward. God is good and has shown and proved Himself over and over again...

      Delete