Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Determined...DETROIT.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

As I have been making plans to leave in June, information has flooded me regarding Detroit and the areas surrounding.  I learned that Michigan is ranked #13 in our country for Human Trafficking with Ohio, just a drive away, at #5.  With this new knowledge I felt a shift in timing.  Especially with all the prayer for Detroit in this season it is clear we are at a pivot of change.  I feel a direct responsibility to my home state since so many are unaware that Human Trafficking is increasing. It is here.  The new face of slavery is not a young girl from a foreign country, but in the faces of our children.  I find we are not educated in how to recognize the signs of trafficking, a victim, a perpetrator or the general understanding of what Human Trafficking is.  This is essential. 


I have made the decision to stay in the USA until December to work as a missionary to the city of Detroit because of the need.  I will be going to various churches and organizations to create awareness, educate and give a message of hope.  I will be forming a team of people to work with victims, homeless, addicts and etc.  This ministry to Detroit will be ongoing even when I am out of the country.  


God also has opened a door for me to return to Mexico, where as most of you know, I left my heart.  In January I will partner again with YWAM (Youth with a Mission) for extensive training and work to help those suffering under injustice and children who are at risk.  Most of this work will take place in the Red-light district of Tijuana.  My vision for this city is huge and it is a privilege that God trusts me with this mission.


I will keep you all informed as we journey together.  Please consider partnering with me in this work of justice.  We are raising funds to be able to go and reach those that are being afflicted.


God bless you all! 


love,


girl relentless.

http://www.relentless-pursuit.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment