Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I found my life

People choose.  

I watched as the dearest things in my life seemed to scatter like broken glass.  A dream died.  Everything was being shook as my heart broke and my life as I knew it, was no longer.  But God is the giver of dreams.  He is the author of hope, redemption and purpose.  So, I gathered the broken glass, then I chose.

I made a decision that would cost me almost everything.  I layed down my home, gave away my dog and my belongings, to live.  Yes, to live!  Jesus said in Matthew 10:39, "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it." This truth, I now undoubtably know. I have found my life, because I surrendered it.  I lost almost all I loved, but gained my reason and my treasure. 

Also I have gained a profound life lesson- that God's plans will never be determined by a choice of another.  I may be shook with pain and shock and form many questions, but His plan for me will be fullfilled regardless of what the outside world chooses. My promise is found in Job 8:5-6,

 But if you will look to God
   and plead with the Almighty,
if you are pure and upright,
   even now he will rouse himself on your behalf
   and restore you to your rightful place.







2 comments:

  1. Amen Jodie!!! We definitely have to lose our lives, whatever that means to the Lord, to really live! When we give our hearts to Him, we are no longer our own. His will takes precedence, and He causes our will to be wrapped up in His. So that when He fulfills His will in us we walk in agreement with Him, though our original intent may not have been the same as His. It is there we find life and that more abundantly, and find what we truly love. Then we are able to really live! YOU GO JODIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has really shown such abundance and grace to me, Gail. Thanks for encouraging me with your post!

    ReplyDelete